Chinese Women, Asian Women, Online Dating & Things Chinese and Asian
Thread

Happy Valentine's Day 14/02/2020

From: Australia South Australia Adelaide @melcyan Time : 2020-02-11 21:55:56

I want to wish everyone a Happy Valentine's Day for this Friday 14/02/2020

For many reading this, Valentine's Day will not be easy. Most have not found the one they are seeking. Some are separated from their partner by distance both large and small. I am separated from my partner on Valentine's Day. My partner and I celebrated Valentine's Day last Sunday because we knew could not be together on Friday 14/02/2020. Whether it is just for you or for another do at least one thing special for Valentine's Day. I will open my favourite wine and raise my glass to my partner as I talk to her on the phone. I will also sing her favourite Chinese love song. (I might ask her to have a glass of alcohol as well so I sound better)

Right now I will focus my attention on those of you without a partner to share this day. Do something special for yourself. Why? Because you are worth it! It could be listening to your favourite music while soaking in a bath. A glass of something special. A flower. Reading a book. Meditation. Your favourite meal. Think about it. Let me know what you chose to do for yourself and how it made you feel. If you are in China confined to your house then that is even more reason to find something special that you can do just for you.

I am posting this two days before Valentine's Day so you have a chance to think and plan. Make a list of at least five enjoyable things that you can do and choose the best one. Or spoil yourself and do all five.

Comments to Thread
(Showing 1 to 5 of 5) 1
From: China 浙江(zhe jiang) 杭州(hang zhou ) @JohnAbbot Time : 2020-02-12 06:09:22 #1

Melcyan, this is a fantastic post and great idea. I hope you get a good response.

I especially hope those of you who are in China do take the time to do something special for yourself and also for those around you. 

Please post for us what you have done either for yourself if you are without a partner or for you and your partner if you are together.

Maybe after the big day we can come back here and comment on which idea impressed us the most.

From: Australia South Australia Adelaide @melcyan Time : 2020-02-13 22:36:34 #2

Happy Valentine's Day!  I am writing this in the first hour of Valentine's Day Australian time. I went to my partner's place yesterday. When I rang the doorbell there was no answer. I let myself in and found her vacuuming. She had just finished vacuuming her mother's room. Her mother was asleep in the lounge. I took over and vacuumed the rest of the house.

My partner said that I made her feel guilty. I said "Good, that is part of my evil plan."  She knew that I had been working all morning and must have been tired. I told her while I was eating lunch that I enjoyed vacuuming her house because every moment that I was vacuuming I was having evil thoughts about her. She laughed.

There are 3 cameras in my partner's house that are on 24/7. Before I left for home with the curried chicken lovingly prepared for me I pulled her behind the fridge out of camera view. I quickly ran my hands all over her body and she stifled another laugh. She knows I don't like the cameras but they help her brother in China keep an eye on her mother.

I only got an hour of time at my partner's place yesterday but we stole fun from difficult circumstances. My partner often says that everyone has a difficult life and every family has problems. However, no matter how difficult your life is right now, you can still create moments where you "steal" moments of joy.

I wish everyone whose life is difficult right now all the best. May you "steal" moments of joy for yourselves today. Happy Valentine's Day!

From: China 浙江(zhe jiang) 杭州(hang zhou ) @JohnAbbot Time : 2020-02-16 11:21:08 #3

I am disappointed but not surprised that there have been no takers on this thread. I came here tonight hoping to find a few good Valentines Day experiences and prepared to describe my own. I am a little reluctant now to tell my story, thereby painting a small picture in the corner of a large empty canvas.

I think there are many reasons for the lack of stories here, but mostly I think it is a sign of the immediate times combined with the fact that our members who have developed great relationships and had great Valentines Days do not visit the CLM Forum.

This was a great idea @melcyan, but it really required more advanced notice, and frankly would also have fared much better in a blog than on the forum. I suggest that in future let's get together and discuss well in advance how to promote interest in a similar 'project'.

Thanks for your efforts though, they were well intended and are much appreciated by CLM.

From: Australia South Australia Adelaide @melcyan Time : 2020-02-16 13:15:37 #4

@JohnAbbot

Thank you for your comment. This thread was intended as an act of solidarity towards CLM members who were isolated on Valentine's Day. In particular CLM members located in China. Moments of joy can be "stolen" on any day, it does not have to be Valentine's Day.

Today my partner showed me a video from China of a dog wearing a mask and having its temperature checked colllecting a parcel for its owner. It was funny to watch. It was good to see someone finding humour in a very difficult situation. I think many in China would have found this short clip amusing and a spirit lifter. It is that sort of unusual thinking that I was hoping to cultivate.

From: Canada British Columbia Lavington @newbeginning Time : 2020-02-17 01:04:46 #5

cant tell a valentines story if dont have one to tell...baoqian.

NB

Comments to Thread
(Showing 1 to 5 of 5) 1
Comments
To respond to another member's comment type @ followed by their name before your comment, like this: @username Then leave a space.
Recent
Submit Thread