Chinese Women, Asian Women, Online Dating & Things Chinese and Asian

After visa expiration how long must I remain out of China before I can return?

From: United States @stingray53 Time : 2010-07-19 10:31:50
My Chinese visa is good for 60 days.
I must leave here before August 14 2010.
I have a "multiple entry" L visa. I know I can return to China after a given time once I am out of the country.
I do not know how long I need to stay out of China before I can return. I can not find this information searching online. Incorrect search string maybe? Very limited Chinese also.
If anyone knows the answer, or can direct me to that info I will be most appreciative.
I am in Xian, Shanxi, China now.

Comments to Thread
(Showing 1 to 3 of 3) 1
From: China 浙江(zhe jiang) 杭州(hang zhou ) @JohnAbbot Time : 2010-07-19 21:51:44 #1
Hi stingray53. Basically you can walk out the Immigration and customs exit into Hong Kong or Macau and walk back in the entrance to return. I have had people advise me to take the train one stop, then get off and come back but I've never bothered doing that. Of course, you might want to spend a night or two there because both places are a lot of fun.

The same is true if you cross the border into Vietnam or any other bordering country as far as I have ever been told. If you're flying home you can catch the next plane back if you choose to do so. All that matters is that another jurisdiction's entrance stamp is on your passport. For this purpose HK and Macau are other jurisdictions.
From: United States @stingray53 Time : 2010-07-23 11:59:49 #2
Thanks John,
I had been told once before that Hong Kong or Macau entry would suffice but I must admit I am not just a little confused about Hong Kong. Is it or is it not considered to be in "Mainland China".
Anyway, I was thinking I might go to Thailand on this trip to satisfy the exit period as well as satisfying the Baser instincts in Pattaya. ha.
I am on a budget so, flying home and back is not an option.
I`ll have to see what the cheapest and best option for me is from Xian.
Thanks again for your comment.
From: China 浙江(zhe jiang) 杭州(hang zhou ) @JohnAbbot Time : 2010-07-23 20:28:12 #3
In response to Stingray's comment, and this is important, Hong Kong and Macau operate under the mystifying "One Country / Two Systems" principle. They are now part of the Country of China, but they are not strictly subject to all of the laws of China. To a large degree, but nearly as large as Beijing would have you believe, they are governed more democratically and citizens have much greater freedom than in "Mainland" China (much of Hong Kong is geographically on the mainland but no one ever seems to get that).

But what is very important is that they are treated entirely differently concerning visas, and going to Hong Kong or Macau from China equals exiting China. SO IS RETURNING TO CHINA TREATED AS ENTERING CHINA!! If you have only a single entry visa you used your entry when you landed in China, so when you step across to Hong Kong or Macau from China you're going to need a new visa to come back.
Comments to Thread
(Showing 1 to 3 of 3) 1
To respond to another member's comment type @ followed by their name before your comment, like this: @username Then leave a space.
Submit Thread